Our Nutrition Policy: Fresh & Natural
For over 30 years Kare-A-Lot has been offering a safe, caring and nurturing environment for children. One of the keystones to that goal has been to upgrade our nutrition and provide more fresh, unprocessed meals and snacks for our children. We introduced Fresh Food Fridays where we incorporate homemade foods into our menus and curriculum. Our snack menu has been revised to reduce the amount of crackers we serve and has eliminated all juices. We serve a different fresh fruit every day of the week. We only serve organic milk.
Examples of our Fresh Food Friday menu consists of the following plan:
- Chicken and rice, Mixed veggies, & Bananas
- Turkey and cheese rolls, Broccoli, & Grapes
- Chicken tenders, Mashed Potatoes, & Fresh Fruit Salad
- Vegetarian beans, Turkey Dogs on a Bun, & Fresh Fruit Smoothies
- Fruits offered to the children; bananas, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, melon, watermelon, raspberries, mango, papaya, apple, pineapple, kiwi, plums, and apricots.
Fresh snacks that our center offers; applesauce, mini muffins, cheese sticks, wheat crackers, raisins, yogurt, graham crackers and cream cheese, mini bagels with cheese cubes, chocolate chip cookies, sugar free jell-o and fresh fruit.